If you received an offline alert that means the meter.me equipment supporting one or more of your water system components is offline and you will not be able to remotely monitor or control this component until the equipment is brought back online.
Some potential causes for your equipment going offline include:
- Issues with the local network or gateway that your equipment connects to
- Critically low or dead equipment battery
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your offline alert you can submit a support request in the Ask for Help space.
If you do not want to receive these alerts you can easily disable them within the app:
- Open the meter.me app
- Select Actions (bottom right corner)
- Under System, select “Offline alerts”
- You will see a list of meter.me equipment that has offline alerts configured. The name should correlate to the name of the component the equipment supports.
- Select the toggle to the right of the meter.me equipment name you wish to disable the alert for (e.g., Upper Tank)
- The toggle will switch to grey when the alert is disabled.
We are continually upgrading and improving meter.me and are confident that offline alerts will further increase your ability to monitor and maintain your water system.