With the release of app version 1.15.14, we have added second-factor authentication to best safeguard your account and information. We are not acting in response to a threat but rather taking a proactive step to ensure your account security.
When you log in after updating to this app version, whether you are a new or returning user, you will be prompted to complete your account setup, including adding your phone number, which will be used as your second factor for authentication.
The setup process will be as follows:
- Log in with a magic link (or password if you have a secure password set up)
- Add your first and last name (if missing)
- Enter your phone number (if missing)
- Verify your phone number by entering a code we’ll send to you via text message
- Set up a custom password (if you want to use a password to log in)
- You can skip this step if you don’t want to use a password and prefer to log in with a magic link
That’s it! Once you’ve logged in and completed these steps, you will have successfully set up multi-factor authentication.
On subsequent logins, after completing the one-time setup, you will be asked to:
- Log in with a magic link or enter a password
- Then, enter the code we’ll send to your verified phone number
How can I change my phone number used for multi-factor authentication?
- To update your phone number:
- Log in to your app account
- Select the menu icon in the upper left corner
- Select Account
- Tap the phone number listed there
- Tap “I want to change my phone number”
- You will be walked through updating and verifying your new number, and then that number will be used as your second factor for authentication the next time you log in
- If you cannot log in because you no longer have access to the phone number on your account, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to reset your phone number and recover your account. Please be aware that account recovery can take up to 72 hours to be completed.
Can I remember my login?
- Yes! When you are logging into the app, you will be given the choice to “remember your login for 60 days”. If you select this, you will not be required to log in again for 60 days unless you manually log out of the app.
Can I set up a custom password if I skipped the password step during setup?
- Yes! Just use the reset password button in your account settings. Please refer to our article “How to reset your password” for more information.
What do I do if I’m not getting my second-factor code?
- If this is the first time you’re adding your phone number to your account, you can select the “back” arrow, re-enter your phone number, and then request a new code.
- If this still doesn’t work or if you’ve verified your phone number on a previous login, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com. Please be aware that account recovery can take up to 72 hours to be completed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in our “Ask for help” space.