How to customize display units

Each meter.me user can choose what units they view their components in according to their preference. Each user can set up default account-level unit preferences and also component-level unit preferences. The account default preferences will be used if no unique component-level preferences are specified.

How to adjust your account-level unit defaults (for time, volume, height, pressure & temperature)

From the mobile app:

1. Log in to the meter.me mobile app with your account
  2. Open the side menu by selecting the icon in the upper left corner of your screen
  3. Select Account
  4. Scroll down to Unit Defaults
  5. Use the toggles or dropdown menus to adjust the units for each of the following:
    • Time
    • Volume
    • Length
    • Temperature
    • Pressure

And that’s it! You have successfully adjusted the unit defaults for your user. The app will automatically update to display all values in the selected account-level units unless you have another unit setting selected for specific components.

From the web app:

1. Log in to web.meter.me
  2. Select Account followed by Settings at the bottom-left of the screen
  3. Scroll down to Unit Defaults
  4. Use the dropdown menus to adjust the units for each of the following:
  • Time
  • Volume
  • Height
  • Temperature
  • Pressure
  1. Select Save Changes

And that’s it! You have successfully adjusted the unit defaults for your user. The app will automatically update to display all values in the selected account-level units unless you have another unit setting selected for specific components.

How to adjust units of a specific component:

From the mobile app:

1. Log in to the meter.me app
  2. Select the system that has the component you want to access
  3. Select the component you want to update
  4. Open the component’s details screen by selecting the information button toward the top of the screen
  5. Adjust the Unit Defaults to your preference (e.g. gallons to liters, feet to inches, etc.)
    • Custom Range Components that use a unit that falls within one of the default categories (i.e., Volume, Length, Temperature, and Pressure) will have unit default options available on this screen; however, if the component is used to monitor another type of unit, the display units for that component cannot be adjusted.
    • Select use account default to use the default unit selected for this component
  6. Once you have made your selection(s) your account-level unit settings will be overridden for this component only, and the values will be displayed in the selected component-level units

From the web app:

1. Log in to web.meter.me
  2. Select the system that has the component you want to update
  3. Select the component you want to update
  4. Select the menu icon in the upper right corner of the component page then select Edit
  5. Using the dropdown menus, adjust the Display Units to your preference (e.g. gallons to liters, feet to inches, etc.)
    • Custom Range Components that use a unit that falls within one of the default categories (i.e., Volume, Length, Temperature, and Pressure) will have unit default options available on this screen; however, if the component is used to monitor another type of unit, the display units for that component cannot be adjusted.
    • Select Account Default to use the default unit selected for this component
  6. Once you have made your selection(s) select Save. Your account-level unit settings will be overridden for this component only, and the values will be displayed in the selected component-level units